Wuppertal’s slump continues – Düren missed out on first place

On Saturday, 1. FC Düren missed the chance for first place with a home defeat against Rot-Weiß Oberhausen, which was opened up by Fortuna Köln’s Friday defeat (against Aachen). Wuppertaler SV is still in the chasing pack, but they had another disappointing performance against Lippstadt.


Uth and Dietz win with Effzeh’s reserve

Saturday was rounded off with the evening game between 1. FC Köln II and FC Wegberg-Beeck. The billy goat talents had Uth and Dietztwo prominent offensive players in their ranks who now want to get back into Bundesliga shape after long periods of injury. Uth kicked almost every corner on Saturday. The Cologne team immediately set the tone against FCWB but had to wear down a lot of the opponent’s defensive concrete. Dietz had already played around goalkeeper Meyer in the 22nd minute, but only hit the side netting from a tight angle. At the break, Uth and Dietz were replaced as agreed, and after the restart, Wegberg-Beeck also had their first big chances. In the 65th minute, the home fans were able to celebrate after Smajic headed Diehl’s corner into the net. From the crowd, Salinger made it 2-0 relatively quickly (73′). The guests’ subsequent offensive efforts presented far too little danger. Final score 2:0,


Oberhausen’s double blow

Because Fortuna Cologne lost to Alemannia Aachen on Friday, 1. FC Düren only needed one point against Rot-Weiß Oberhausen to jump to first place. At RWO the engine had recently started to stutter a bit with three draws in a row. Düren got off to a perfect start, Goden asserted himself energetically on the wing in the 5th minute and fed Schlößer in the middle, who effortlessly converted. Shortly afterward, Schlößer headed over a Golden cross, but then Oberhausen became stronger and stronger. Kreyer failed to hit the post in the 24th minute. But in the final minutes of the first half, the clover leaves were able to turn the game around. Fassnacht won after a brilliant save from close range by Theisen (44th), and in stoppage time Montag drove the ball into the corner in a remarkable way. 2:1 for Oberhausen at the break. After the break, Kreyer missed the goal with a promising header before Goden attempted an overhead kick on the other side, but the ball went slightly wide. Although the FCD had visual advantages in the rest of the game, the Schommers team was no longer really dangerous, so RWO was able to score a three-pointer again.


Three Marceta goals are too few for Wuppertal

Wuppertaler SV, which got off to such a furious start, was only able to get one point from the last three league games. On Saturday, the penultimate team SV Lippstadt 08 came to the alternative stadium in Velbert. And with the strong wind at his back, he had the first approach to the goal. Wuppertal got into the game better after just under a quarter of an hour, and Terrazzino forced Westphal into a brilliant save. In the 22nd minute, however, the WSV acted too carelessly going forward and lost the ball during the build-up to the game. Niek Munsters took advantage of the counterattack that had been initiated with a low shot into the far corner to give the visitors the lead. Wuppertal wanted to equalize before the break, but the strong headwind and Lippstadt’s well-positioned defense thwarted this plan. Anyone who had hoped to be on the side of the hosts With a tailwind in the second half the big turnaround would take place, was disappointed. Demirarslan was given too much space in the 49th minute and shot into the far corner to make it 2-0. Örnek also experienced far too little resistance seven minutes later and shot the ball into the crease for the visitors’ third goal. The home fans stopped supporting before Marceta briefly gave hope with a 3-1 lead in the 64th minute. In short, Niek Munsters scored the next Lippstadt goal in the 70th minute. However, there was still some resilience at WSV:  Marceta nodded in after Saric’s free-kick cross to make it 2-4 (78th) and got himself on the top scorer’s list for a third time, but his goal in the third minute of stoppage time came too late and immediately Then referee Florian Visse blew the whistle. Wuppertal is currently not performing like a top team at all but is still only three points behind first place.

Fakhro double pack for Bocholt

What 1. FC Bocholt and FC Gütersloh offered at the beginning of Saturday weren’t really compelling. A Windmüller header that flew just over the FCG goal was the only small highlight after a good quarter of an hour. Then Fakhro went down in the Gütersloh penalty area in the 25th minute. There was a penalty, which the fouled man himself converted. Eight minutes later, Fakhro moved to the left and increased to 2:0. However, the conclusion did not seem to be completely untenable. There was far too little from the guests in the entire first half, so Bocholt’s lead was completely okay after the first 45 minutes. The game had barely started again when Gütersloh ventured forward, but Buckmaier’s shot landed on the side netting. Even after that, the promoted team mostly had the ball and had to repeatedly run against Bocholters who were close and defended well. Esko’s long-range shot, which went just wide in the 70th minute, was an exception. So it remained 2-0 for FC, who are level on points with leaders Fortuna Cologne.


Engelmann nets for Rödinghausen

SV Rödinghausen wants to be a top team, and their performances so far this season alone justify a look in the rearview mirror. On Saturday against SC Paderborn’s U21 team, who got off to a decent start, the SVR were able to convince after a short thawing phase. After almost half an hour, Kaba was unlucky that his header bounced off the post and back into the field. Otherwise, there was also a lot of incompetence in the home team’s ability to exploit their chances. SCP keeper Schulz also showed a strong performance. Accordingly, it was 0-0 at the break. After the restart, the game tilted more and more towards the guests’ side. Just in this phase, Safi pushed a cross from Dacaj over the line from close range (66th). Based purely on the second half, it was a result of ruthless efficiency. But even if Paderborn’s efforts were nice to see, for a long time too little came of it. It was only in the final minutes that there were several fires in the Rödinghausen penalty area. In stoppage time they fellEngelmann probably didn’t just care about stones, but entire rock formations, because the record goalscorer in the Regionalliga West pushed a flat cross from Heim over the line. The first goal of the season for the prominent newcomer, which ensured the final score.


The expulsion hits Ahlen hard

Before a new head coach is expected to sign early next week, sporting director Orhan Özkara was once again on the bench at Rot Weiss Ahlen on Saturday as an interim solution. He saw a dominant first half for his team against Fortuna Düsseldorf’s U23s, full of chances. But after a good half an hour, the previously passive Fortuna reserve suddenly took the lead. After a long ball, Manu was rudely fouled, but Niemiec picked up the ball and used the advantage to score. After half-time, Ahlens Cvetkovic failed to hit the post before his teammate Dal picked up red after the emergency brake (51′). As it turned out, that was the crux of the afternoon. Already in the 62nd minute, a corner that was saved too short landed at Oberdorf, who made it 2-0 with his long-range shot. RWA tipped over now, Niemiec rounded goalkeeper Brüseke in the 67th minute, 3-0. Skolik scored the final point to make it 4-0 after a counterattack (90th). A final score that seemed surreal until the sending-off.


Amadin’s goal is enough for Schalke II

FC Schalke 04’s U23s set the course early on against SC Wiedenbrück. Müller finished on the left corner of the penalty area in the 10th minute, and Amadin deflected his shot decisively to give Schalke the lead. That was the first half of the game, and actually the rest of the game, because the S04 concentrated on defense and were completely successful. Small blemish: Aninkorah-Meisel ran freely toward SCW goalkeeper Hölscher in stoppage time and missed this huge opportunity. Shortly afterward it was over and Schalke were the winners.


Mönchengladbach II turns the deficit

Borussia Mönchengladbach II went into the duel with SSVg Velbert with two wins behind them. After a slow start, Velbert had more of the game. Beric was denied by Fohlen keeper Olschowsky in the 30th minute before Pazurek converted a hand penalty almost 180 seconds later. The Gladbachers were happy that Velbert didn’t make it 2-0 before the break. But in the course of the second half, Borussia came back to life. In the 58th minute, Naderi headed in a precise cross from Reitz to equalize. Eleven revolutions of the pointer later, Hoogewerf tried it with force from a distance, now it was 2-1 for Mönchengladbach. Afterward, Olschowsky held on to the lead before it smelled like a decision after Ranos made it 3-1, who beat out SSVg keeper Lenz. But the game was far from over because Gladbach’s songs had to be treated for a long time. Just when the home team was outnumbered, Hilger reduced the score to 2:3 (90th + 7th). All hopes of an equalizer were snuffed outNaderi, on the other hand, was in the bud, free in front of Lenz, he put together the double pack with strong nerves.


Trembling victory for Aachen

In the only Friday game, the previous leaders Fortuna Cologne had to admit defeat to Alemannia Aachen in front of 7,672 spectators. Scepanik scored the goal of the day in the 21st minute after a low Ramaj cross. Schwermann was shown yellow and red shortly afterward, but the Aachen team, being outnumbered, survived Cologne’s pressure phases with a lot of resistance and a bit of luck and took the three-pointer with them to the imperial city.

Comments are closed.